Do you know Jesus as the only Lord and Savior? He is distinct among all others because He lived a sinless life and gave Himself in our place to take the penalty of all sin on the Cross. When He was crucified and buried, He rose again and beat the power of death. He alone has resurrection power. He alone can save. All other men lead us to death and hell, but He promises grace to cleanse and forgive every sin so that we can have life everlasting. We receive saving grace with repentance and faith in Him alone.
- All of us are sinners and in desperate need of the Savior. Church folks without Jesus are just as needy as the worst of sinners. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” [Romans 3:23].
- Forgiveness cannot be given without repentance. “Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, Shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of the Father which is in heaven” [Matthew 7:21].
- Repentance means to turn your face away from sin and toward the Savior – not in mere adoration, but in absolute surrender of your will. Jesus said, “…except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish” [Luke 13:3,5].
- Each of us must place our faith in the Lord Jesus to save us. “In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of grace…” [Ephesians 1:7].
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture saith, whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed” [Romans 10:9-11].
On the other side of repentance and faith are grace, mercy, forgiveness–and the promise of heaven. The promise for eternal life–which is life to the full. “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” [John 10:10]. Salvation comes to the heart of man with an honest prayer, a cry for mercy that changes the destiny of a soul from hell to heaven.
When saving grace has come and the heart has been forever changed, there are steps you can take to grow in the Christian faith:
- Follow the example of Jesus with believer’s baptism in a Bible believing church.
- Give daily time to reading and applying the Bible and heartfelt prayer.
- Share your faith so others can come to terms of faith as you did.
- Serve the Lord in your local church and be faithful to the services.
If you repented and placed your faith in Jesus for the first time, we would love to hear about it!
Send us an email: email@example.com